With your wedding around the corner, the last thing you want to think about is budgeting for what should be the happiest day of your life. Most of us work hard and budget harder. Here are some great deals and ideas for planning your dream wedding that will have you dancing the night away.
- Pick a less popular day during an off-peak season. Settling for a less expensive venue or less opportune day does not mean forfeiting fun and sophistication.
- Pick a wedding theme. A theme acts as your guideline and gives you a better sense of direction. For example, if the beach holds a special meaning for you and your fiance, that can be your inspiration. A simple but fun center piece for this theme may include sand and seashells.
- Order simpler invitations. Pass on the elaborate, bulky invitations, which will cost a lot more in postage. If you really want to go green, skip the wedding invitations altogether and create a website with all your party details. Be the first to create a new trend.
- Buy seasoned flowers at your local markets. Importing exotic flowers, especially when they are not in bloom, can be very expensive. Instead you can buy pretty but inexpensive seasonal flowers and use the pricier ones as accents.
- Turn your open bar into a set menu bar. Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail that you and your fiance created, instead of a full bar. Or, have your own stylish drink dispensers filled with your favorites, such as pomegranate-grapefruit vodka.
- Create your own playlist. Having a band is great, but if its too costly a good DJ is an opportunity to have a wider variety of songs, from Frank Sinatra’s “Save the Last Dance” to Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance.” Your choice of music will get every one on the dance floor.
- Make your own party favors. Remember the days when we use to do things ourselves? Here’s your chance. Fill personalized bags with your favorite sweets, which can be purchased in bulk. Or have your dessert table double as your party favors.
- Lastly, check for sample sales! Buy your wedding dress for 30-70% off.
With all your extra savings you can upgrade on your honeymoon!
– Dana N. is a freelance writer for Anjolee